About this site
This website is owned and operated by African Independent Brokers (Pty) Ltd (Registration number: 2012/010479/07) a private company registered in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa and an authorised financial services provider (FSP38159). Any reference made to “African Independent Brokers”, “AIB”, “we”, “us”, or “our” refers to African Independent Brokers (Pty) Ltd. We operate under the domain name www.africanindependent.co.za (“the/this website”).
Links to other websites
This website may contain links to other websites, which are owned or operated by third parties independent of African Independent Brokers (“Third Party Websites”). AIB does not sponsor, endorse, or approve of the operators of Third-Party Websites, or material (including services, information, graphics, or data) which is located on such Third-Party Websites (“Third Party Material”).
Subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded, AIB makes no warranties or representations:
- Regarding the quality, accuracy, merchantability, or fitness for purpose of Third-Party Material, or products or services available through Third Party Websites; or
- That Third Party Material does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person. AIB is not authorising the reproduction of Third-Party Material by linking Material on this Website to Third Party Material.
Privacy and Security
Your privacy and security are very important to us. We recognise the importance of protecting the privacy of information collected about visitors to our website, especially information that can identify an individual (“personal information”).
We may collect personal information from you, however it will only be used by us to contact you, should you request to be contacted. Hence, by voluntarily submitting your personal information for purposes of being contacted, you specifically consent to the collection, collation, processing, or disclosure of the personal information submitted by you
We will not share your personal information with any third parties, unless you give your express consent to that effect. The only exception would be within our own group of companies, until such time as you expressly withdraw your consent to do so.
We shall further share your information when you give us permission to or instruct us to, or when required to do so by law.
We further strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our website, and we review and regularly update our security measures in line with available technologies.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. However, we do take all reasonable and available steps to protect any of your personal information we hold, both on the website and within our internal information systems.
We will further only process your personal information in accordance with and subject to the provisions of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”).
African Independent Brokers Website Content
This website contains both information of a general nature about AIB and the products and services offered by us.
Whilst reasonable steps have been undertaken to ensure that information is free from error, we do not warrant the accuracy, adequacy, or completeness of Material on this Website. All information is subject to change without notice. AIB does not guarantee that this website or Third-Party Websites will be free from viruses, or that access to this website or Third-Party Websites will function as intended or be uninterrupted. All terms implied by law, except those that cannot be lawfully excluded, are excluded.
Limitation of Liability
Subject to any responsibilities implied by law and which cannot be excluded, African Independent Brokers, and its directors, employees, agents and contractors, are not liable to you for any losses, damages, liabilities, claims and expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and defence or settlement costs) whatsoever, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising out of or referable to Material on this Website, to Third Party Material, third party services, or to access of this website by you, howsoever caused, whether in contract, delict, statute or otherwise.
No financial or investment advice
We do not purport to provide you with financial or investment advice of any kind. The information available via this website does not take account of your particular financial position. We suggest that you seek independent advice before acting upon Material on this Website or Third-Party Material.
Availability of the Website
As electronic services are subject to interruption or breakdown, access to the website is offered on an “as is” and “as available” basis only.
Use of the AIB Website
The information and material contained on this website is provided solely for bona fide personal or commercial customers only. By accessing, viewing, or otherwise using this website, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of use contained in this clause.
You agree that you will not (either yourself or through any third party):
- use any robot, spider, screen scraper, data aggregation tool or other automatic device or process (“Automated Process”) to process, monitor, copy or extract any web pages on this website, or any of the information, content or data contained within or accessible through the website, without our prior written permission;
- use any Automated Process to aggregate or combine information, content or data contained within or accessible through this website with information, content, or data accessible via or sourced from any third party;
- use any information on or accessed through this website for any commercial purpose (including but not limited to market research, the provision of pricing estimates or ‘shadow shopping’) or otherwise (either directly or indirectly) for profit or gain;
- use any device, software, process, or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this website or any process being conducted on or through it;
- take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of or bandwidth connecting to this website;
- reverse engineer, reverse assemble, decompile, or otherwise attempt to discover source code or other arithmetical formula or processes in respect of the software underlying the infrastructure and processes associated with the website; or
- copy, reproduce, alter, modify, create derivative works, or publicly display, any part of any content from the website without our prior written permission.
No use of this website for unrelated persons
You must only use this website to:
- view the different product offerings;
- obtain general information about AIB;
- provide information to be contacted by an AIB representative; and
- use the telematics portal.
You agree to indemnify us in respect of any liability incurred by us for any loss, cost, damage, or expense, howsoever caused, suffered by us as a result of your breach of this clause.
Copyright and Trademarks
Copyright in the Material on this Website is owned or licensed by African Independent Brokers and/or its affiliates or associate companies.
Except where necessary for and incidental to viewing the Material on this Website via your web browser, or as permitted under the Copyright Act (Act no. 98 of 1978) or other applicable laws, no Material on this Website may be reproduced, stored in an electronic or other retrieval system, adapted, uploaded to a third-party location, framed, performed in public or transmitted in any form by any process whatsoever without the specific written consent of AIB.
Any trademarks registered by African Independent Brokers, belong to African Independent Brokers (Pty) Ltd. Third Party trademarks are trademarks of the respective third parties.
We only offer our products and/or services within the borders of the Republic of South Africa.
The law applicable to this website and to disputes arising out of this website is the law of the Republic of South Africa.
Should you be unhappy with the content displayed on this website or our operation of the website, please submit your complaint to [email protected]
Should your complaint relate to the processing of your personal information, please submit your complaint to our Information officer: [email protected]
Linking to the website
Linking to the AIB Website is only permitted when authorised by us in writing to do so. Please contact us if you would like to link to any part of the website.
Name: African Independent Brokers (Pty) Ltd
Registration number: 2012/010479/07
FSP number: 38159
VAT Number: 4070259645
Physical Address: 66 Charterland Avenue, Selcourt, Springs, 1559.
Telephone number: 0861 001 002
E-mail address: [email protected]
We accept all legal proceedings and legal documents at the following address:
127A York Street, George, 6529.